3.13.2010

Ads Don't Have to be Boring

I've written about Su Blackwell's work before, and it continues to amaze. Below is a 45-second t.v. advertisement for Beringer wines from 2007 that I learned about on All Things Paper (thanks, to Ann Martin).

Blackwell, a UK-based artist, combines arts (pop-ups) and paper-cutting in remarkable ways. Worth seeing is the "making-of video" for the Beringer ad (also below), which features Blackwell.

And just for fun, in case you missed it the first time 'round, is a charming video from singer-songwriter Lisa Hannigan's CD, Sea Sew, which I wrote about here.







Here's Lisa's official You Tube Channel.

Stop-motion video seems to be encouraging advertisers to do more with paper arts (hurray!). Have you seen any examples recently that we may have missed?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MizzJ said...

That Beringer commercial is amazing! It's so cool to see unique talents like this.

Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Melissa Haws said...

That pop-up book is so inspiring, and the song gave me a good feeling. THanks for sharing.

MizzJ said...

Hey! You just won my Holy Grail Mascaras giveaway - please contact me within 48 hrs of this message to claim your prize!

memphisweaver said...

I've always liked that Lisa Hannigan video. Thanks for reminding me about it. I've nominated you for the "Kreativ Blogger" award. You can read about it here. http://memphisweaver.wordpress.com
Congratulations!

Peaceful Reader said...

I love the images in this videos. So amazing what paper can create!

Doddy said...

Berkat inilah kelak dirinya mendapatkan julukan yang lainnya sebagai " The Aristotle of the Don't Pass Line "
asikqq
dewaqq
sumoqq
interqq
pionpoker
bandar ceme
hobiqq
paito warna
http://199.30.55.59/sumoqq78/
data hk

www.chicute.com said...

Do you like your pussy licked and eaten by men?
How did you feel for the first time a tongue was in your vagina?
What is it like to lick a vagina?
How do you want your vagina fucked?